Saturday, February 23, 2013

My research

I was doing some researches from the high school student. Then, I think that I will explain a few because I am often asked why I come to research.
I participated in the research training camp of in the summer of a firstyear student in high school. All began from this time.
I studied the planetary nebula at this training camp. A planetary nebula is the final stage of evolution of the fixed star of from small mass to medium mass. When the star of from small mass to medium mass evolves, it will become a red giant star and it will expand. Then, since an outer layer part has the weak gravity from a central star, it shakes the gravity off and flows into space. Although a central star carries out a nuclear fusion reaction, it becomes impossible to continue the reaction if surrounding gas flowed and it run out. Then, the star contract and becomes the white dwarf. And the gas which flowed into becomes a planetary nebula. I calculated the mass of a planetary nebula called the Cat's Eye Nebula, and investigated what the sun will be in the future by comparing it with solar mass. The junior session of Astronomical Society of Japan announced this result of research.

From this time, I began to get interested in the universe rapidly. Furthermore, I got to know the pleasure which tells many persons what I studied. From it, I wanted to know more various things and I wanted to research about various. Therefore, I have participated some research training camp and researched after it. For example, a comet, a supernova, etc. Moreover, I did a little unusual research. It is research of planning construction of a moon's surface astronomical observatory. That is, it is making missions.

Thus, taking advantage of experience of various researches, after going into a university, research is continued. Although I took about one year to study various researches when I was the high school student, I think that I will take a longer time to advance research from a university.

          Now, I am studying the planetary nebula. However, the details of research are different from what I did at the time of a high school student. A fixed star becomes a thing which is called a protoplanetary nebula before it become a planetary nebula. There is little what has a spherical form of the protoplanet-like nebula, and it is almost the shape of dipole. But the planetary nebula which is a subsequent figure has much more nearly spherical form. That is, between a protoplanetary nebula and a planetary nebula, the ratio existing a spherical form and the shape of dipole is clearly different. Probably, when becoming a planetary nebula from a protoplanetary nebula, the form has changed. This is a very wonderful thing and this mystery has not actually been solved yet. Moreover, although the mechanism of formation of a spherical planetary nebula is solved, the mechanism of formation of a planetary nebula shape of dipole is not solved. I am researching this mysteries because I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment